"THE CASEAREAN BUNDLE WHICH SHE HAS PUT TOGETHER WAS JUST WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR. IT HELPED ME PUT TOGETHER MY BIRTH PLAN, ANSWERED MY QUESTIONS ABOUT WHAT I COULD HAVE AT THE BIRTH AND THE MEDITATION AND JOURNAL IDEAS WERE A GREAT RESOURCE. MY PARTNER REALLY BENEFITED FROM THE PARTNER HANDOUT AS WELL. IT RESULTED IN A WONDERFUL BIRTH EXPERIENCE FOR ME, MY HUSBAND AND BABY. IF ANYONE NOW ASKS ME FOR MY BIRTH STORY I'M HAPPY TO TELL IT."
In the UK, 27.1% of women in 2015-2016 had a caesarean birth - this figure has been increasing year on year.
Many women plan to have a caesarean for medical reasons for mum and/or baby and some women choose to have a caesarean for personal reasons.
There are so many women who don't choose it, but end up having a caesarean due to something happening in the birth process.
Is this course for you?
This course is for YOU, if you know you are having a caesarean delivery and you want to understand the process AND you are keen to prepare for recovery.
Or you are planning a vaginal delivery BUT you want to understand what happens if you should need a caesarean.
What does the course cover?
- Planning for your caesarean birth - everything you need to know including how to be an active decision maker
- Exploring gentle/natural caesareans and how to achieve that
- Preparing for the day - what happens on the day? What you need to know?
- Explore how you might feel about having a caesarean? How might you feel emotionally about your birth?
- Addressing fears and beliefs you might have about caesarean birth
- What you need to know about recovery - both physical and emotional
- What you need to know about breastfeeding and caesareans
- What you need to know about future pregnancies and birth
Why is this not part of the Birth Bundle?
It's an entirely separate course because:
1. There are so many people who need appropriate support to plan for a caesarean birth - a birth course with caesarean birth as an add on at the end is not enough - there is so much you need to know.
2. Most women will presume that a caesarean birth is not something that will happen to them so won't even bother reading anything around caesarean births. Therefore, by having it separate it's a commitment to researching it and understanding it.
3. It's is also so different from planning a vaginal birth - the needs and information is so separate.
4. If you'd like access to the Birth Bundle you can request to get this for FREE.
This course is designed to help fill you with confidence and so you are able to reflect on this experience positively. It's designed so you don't only understand the technical side of caesarean but you are aware of how important your emotional and physical needs are post birth and what support to put in place.
There are also the best resources and information gathered saving you multiple hours googling help - and here's the truth - there's things in here that you didn't even know to google!
There is also a separate Facebook group set up to discuss Caesarean Births meaning you can get specific support from others planning or researching caesareans.
Tricia Murray is a Fertility, Birth and Parenting Coach, EFT Therapist, Doula and Birth Trauma Specialist supporting mums and dads to enjoy birth and early parenting and feel confident and calm throughout. She is Founder of the Birth and Baby Academy and has worked with hundreds of parents over the last few years.